Pelvic Health Physiotherapy makes a remarkable change
"Peezing" - Leaking urine when you sneeze - isn't just "normal" and it can be treated!
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is customized to each patient and integrates pelvic floor muscle re-training, scheduling habits, nutrition and hands-on techniques. Urinary or anal/fecal incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, lumbopelvic pain, painful intercourse (dyspareunia) and perinatal conditions are all appropriate for Pelvic Health Physiotherapy.
How will Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Help Me?
Physiotherapy is internationally recognized as the first choice of treatment for incontinence and prolapse. We use evidence based therapy techniques and a team based approach to treatment. If you want to get control of your body and live your life to your fullest potential come see a pelvic health therapist at Momentum Health.
Who is a candidate for pelvic health physiotherapy?
- Leak urine when they cough, laugh, sneeze or exercise
- Leak urine due to inability to hold during strong urges
- Urinate more than 8 times a day
- Have difficulty initiating urination
- Feel that they have not fully emptied their bladder after urination
- Have feeling of pressure or heaviness in their pelvic region
- Strain to have a bowel movement
- Experience pain during or after bowel movement
- Have pain with sexual intercourse or difficulty with penetration
- Have pelvic pain (vaginal, rectal or perineal)
- Have pelvic girdle, buttock, low back or coccyx pain
- Had an Episotomy, Forceps delivery or C section
- Pregnant people who would like to decrease the risk of tearing during labor
Have been diagnosed with:
- Stress or Urge Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Over Active Bladder
- Pregnancy related pain (pre and post-partum)
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Pudendal Neuralgia or Entrapments
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is available at: