Supporting Your Feet and Improving Your Life
Orthotics can be used to treat a range of conditions and injuries, including flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and diabetic foot ulcers. Orthotics are custom-made to fit your feet and provide the support you need to improve mobility and reduce pain.
Orthotics are medical devices that are designed to support and align the feet. They are typically worn inside shoes and are designed to improve foot function and reduce pain. Orthotics come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be made from different materials depending on your needs.
Types of Orthotics
There are several types of orthotics that can be used to treat different foot conditions. Some common types of orthotics include:
- Arch supports: Arch supports are used to provide support to the arch of the foot. They can be used to treat flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and other foot conditions
- Insoles: Insoles are used to provide cushioning and support to the feet. They can be used to treat foot pain, heel spurs, and other foot conditions. At Momentum Health, we predominantly use Kneed brand inserts. If custom isn't quite right for you, we have a great made in Calgary product - Kneed footwear! These come purpose-built for running and other activities and are significantly less expensive. These are sized to your shoe but are not custom built
- Orthotic Footwear: In some instances, you'll need an entire shoe to be custom built for your foot. This could be from a significant leg-length difference or other requirements that would change the height of one foot over the other. Also in some construction jobs, safety requirements mean that a custom shoe is the right product for your needs
Benefits of Orthotics
Orthotics offer many benefits to those who use them. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Reduced pain: Orthotics can help reduce pain and discomfort caused by foot conditions and injuries.
- Improved mobility: Orthotics can help improve mobility and range of motion.
- Protection: Orthotics can protect the feet from further injury and help prevent re-injury.
- Customized fit: Orthotics are made to fit your feet perfectly, so you can be sure that you're getting the right support and protection for your feet.
How to Get Orthotics
To find out if orthotics might be right for you, the first step is to talk to us! We can help you determine if orthotics are the best treatment option for your condition or injury. If we recommend orthotics, we will take a 3D scan of your foot and ankle and/or take a foam cast of your feet to build you custom orthotics that fit you perfectly.
View this post on Instagram
At Momentum Health, we want to ensure your health dollars are well spent. That's why we are excited to offer a competitive rate on our orthotics.
A single pair is $400 or if you buy two pairs, the total cost is $600. This can be a great deal if you have multiple shoes that need orthotics.
Please be extremely certain to investigate your insurance plan to find out which practitioner is permitted to prescribe the custom orthotics. Some plans require a physiotherapist to dispense orthotics where others require a chiropractor.
Orthotics are a highly effective treatment option for a range of foot conditions and injuries. They offer a customized fit, pain relief, improved mobility, and protection from further injury. If you think that orthotics might be right for you, talk to your doctor or a medical professional to determine the best treatment plan for your needs. With the right orthotics, you can improve your quality of life and get back to doing the things you love.
The Top Questions We Get About Orthotics at Momentum Health
Q: What will my insurance cover for orthotics?
A: We wish we could answer this for you, but insurance companies will only discuss these details with you - the policy holder. Please call your insurance provider directly
Q: What if I have flat feet? Will orthotics help?
A: Yes! This is an instance where orthotics are medically warranted, especially if you are having any knee or back pain associated with flat feet or dropped arches
Q: I just changed shoes and don't want to buy brand new orthotics. Can you help?
A: Yes! If you have minor augmentations or alterations that need to be made, we can get this fixed up for you for a nominal fee
Q: How long does it take to get my custom orthotics?
A: From the scan and consult to delivery is typically about three weeks. We'll take a deposit before ordering and the remaining payment when you pick them up.
Custom Orthotics in Calgary with Momentum Health
Custom Orthotics are available at all our locations