Custom Bracing in Calgary
Supporting Your Body and Improving Your Life
Custom bracing is a type of medical device that is designed to support and stabilize different parts of the body. It can be used to treat a variety of conditions and injuries, including sports injuries, arthritis, carpal tunnel and more. Custom bracing is tailored to your specific needs, so you can be sure that you're getting the right support and protection for your body.
What is Custom Bracing?
Custom bracing is a type of orthotic device that is designed to fit your body. It's sized to the appropriate body part, and customized to your specific shape and activity needs. Custom bracing with Momentum Health is typically for knee bracing, including osteoarthritis offloaders, knee stabilizers and post surgical devices.
We also carry a variety of off the shelf braces for other body parts, including the back, neck, knees, ankles, thumb (thumb spica) and wrists. Whatver device we set you up with will be designed to support your body and protect it from further injury.
Types of Custom Bracing in Calgary
There are many different types of custom bracing, each designed for a specific body part and condition. Some common types of custom bracing include:
- Knee Braces: Knee braces can be used to support and stabilize the knee joint. They can be used as an adjunct to therapy for conditions like osteoarthritis, ACL injuries, and patellar instability
- Ankle Braces: Ankle braces can be used to support and stabilize the ankle joint and allow you to complete a proper rehabilitation program with us. Ankle braces can be used to support your ankle if you've had an ankle sprain, Achilles tendonitis, or chronic ankle instability
- Thumb braces like a thumb spica are intended to allow those with instability through their carpometacarpal joint the freedom to use the hand with significantly less pain
- Wrist Braces: Wrist braces can be used to support and stabilize the wrist joint. They can be used to treat conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist sprains, and tendonitis.
View this post on Instagram
Benefits of Custom Bracing
Custom bracing offers many benefits to those who use it. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Pain relief: Custom bracing can help reduce pain and discomfort caused by injuries or conditions.
- Increased mobility: Custom bracing can help improve mobility and range of motion.
- Protection: Custom bracing can protect the body from further injury and help prevent re-injury.
- Customized fit: Custom bracing is made to fit, so you can be sure that you're getting the right support and protection for your body.
How to Get Custom Bracing
To find out if custom bracing might be right for you, the first step is to talk to us! We can help you determine if custom bracing is the best treatment option for your condition or injury. We will take your measurements and evaluate the right product for you. Remember that bracing alone is only a part of the rehabilitation process - let's get you on a great plan with the right exercises to recover. If needed, we will also work with one of our specialized physicians to ensure you are getting the right care for your needs.
Custom bracing is a highly effective treatment option for a range of conditions and injuries. It offers a customized fit, pain relief, increased mobility, and protection from further injury. If you think that custom bracing might be right for you, talk to your doctor or a medical professional to determine the best treatment plan for your needs.
Read a blog about bracing by Rebecca Fleming, Physiotherapist at our Creekside location.