What can I do about Chronic Back Pain?
Lower back pain affects almost all aspects of life. As physiotherapists, we are always seeking to provide a solution that is simple yet grounded in research.
According to researchers in Denmark, back pain is responsible for more years lived with disability worldwide than any other condition.
This is why we are proud to bring you GLA:D Back, with evidence-based initiatives that follow the current recommendations for the treatment of persistent lower back pain. This targeted exercise program guides participants to better balance, stability and function.
What do you get with GLA:D® Back?
1. 30 minute Assessment by a registered practitioner certified to administer the GLA:D® Back Program.
2. Two, 1 hour educational sessions
3. Sixteen, one hour, supervised neuromuscular exercise classes (4-8 patients per class) and a follow up
4. Collection of data at pre-program, and post-program via email on a range of outcome function, quality of life and pain
Who should participate?
Individuals with non-acute persistent lower back pain for three months or longer with no nerve symptoms (neuralgia/Sciatica) are ideal.
What is the cost of the program?
The classes are $35 each session.
GLA:D® Back is billable to health care insurance under physiotherapy or chiropractic benefits, depending on who provides the instruction.
Individuals who may not to be able to participate in GLA:D® Back are those with:
• nerve symptoms (neuralgia/Sciatica)
• Inability to understand and communicate in English (due to the educational and research components)
Call 403-455-0025 to book.
Interested in reading some more about what GLA:D® Back is about?
Read the blog from Sarah Williamson, BKin. This program is available virtually and at select locations.
Into research? Read the abstract here.
GLA:D® Back for the treatment of persistent lower back pain.
Are you looking for the GLA:D program for Hip/Knee Osteoarthritis? Click Here