According to researchers in Denmark, back pain is responsible for more years lived with disability worldwide than any other condition. Built on the positive success of previous research programs, GLA:D Back brings evidence-based initiatives that follow the current recommendations for the treatment of persistent lower back pain.
What does GLA:D Back include?
1. Assessment by a registered Physiotherapist certified to administer the GLA:D Back Program.
2. Two, 1 hour educational sessions
3. Sixteen, one hour, supervised neuromuscular exercise classes (4-8 patients per class) and a follow up
4. Collection of data at pre-program, and post-program via email on a range of outcome function, quality of life and pain
Who should participate?
Individuals with non-acute persistent lower back pain for three months or longer with no nerve symptoms (neuralgia/Sciatica) are ideal.
What is the cost of the program?
The assessment is $105 and classes are $32 each recurring class (+GST).
GLA:D Back is billable to health care insurance under physiotherapy benefits.
Individuals who may not to be able to participate in GLA:D Back are those with:
• nerve symptoms (neuralgia/Sciatica)
• Inability to understand and communicate in English (due to the educational and research components)
This program is available at our Westbrook and Mission locations. Call 403-455-0025 to book.
Read the abstract here.